tirsdag 13. juli 2010

Review on e.l.f. Beauty Encyclopedia - Basic eyes

Yesterday (as some of you know) I got my little brown box from e.l.f. And in that box I found this: The Beauty Encyclopedia - Basic eyes.



It's a black book-looking packing with picture of what you'll find on the inside on the outside. You open it like a book, and on the left page you'll get an how-to on how to use this eye-makeup-set to make a beautiful look. Really nice if you're new in the make-up-game. It's easy to follow, step-by-step. On the right page you'll find 12 eyeshaddows, 2 cream eyeshaddows, a black liner, and a doubble-ended shaddow applicator. On one side there's a sponge applicator, and in the other end there's a brush.

On the back it says:

*An all-in-one compact including the must have makeup essentials*
*Create any look that reflects your personal style*
*The small sleek design is great for on-the-go beauty touch-ups*

I must confess that for me, none of those sayings are true. At least not for me. It's not including the must-have makeup essentials since there's no mascara in it. It can't create any look I want to reflect my personal style since there's only two really matte e/s and two almost matte. The rest of them are shimmery. And small sleek design?! Sleek, yes, but for on-the-go touch-ups, for me it's not small.

I might sound a bit negative here, but I have to tell you. I'm absolutly not. I think this palette is fab, but for my basics it's a bit too much shimmer. But when I'm going out, I will def use this one.



Take a look at these beautiful colours. Don't you want them?!? Not only are they beautiful, but they're really pigmented to. And probably because of all the shimmer, they're really blendable.

The pictures are taken in daylight, the reason that one of the swatch-pics are darker than the others is that the cream-e/s-swatches are on the upperside of my hand wich are tanned, while the others are swatched on my underarm ;)



I've been wearing two of these e/s today, and even though my eyelids are really oily the shaddows still are just where I put them. I've been cheating a bit since I've been using an eyelid primer, but I think that just makes my lids like normal peoples lids ;) I really think the stayingpower is fab.

This Encyclopedia should be in everyones makeup-collection, and those who dont have a collection yet... -I would start with this. Why do I say I would start with this one when I earlier said it didn't qualify for my everyday-eyemakup-routine? Well, I like matte e/s for an everyday use, but I've learned that they're hard to get. Maybe because the rest of the world loves a bit shimmer? I think so...

If you want this, wich you should, go to www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

4 kommentarer:

  1. I love shimmery eyeshadows, so this palette has everything I need! :)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    SvarSlett
  2. LOL

    Yup, I guess most girl will feel the same way as you, that's why I think this will be perfect starter-kit or an everyday-kit for most girls. For me it's more an evening-out-palette... :D

    SvarSlett
  3. Nice review, i think i may order this next time. :-)

    SvarSlett
  4. It's well worth the price. I'd bought it even though the price was doubled... ;)

    SvarSlett

I'd love your comment here...